Australian performers Conrad Sewell, Amy Shark, Vera Blue and Cyrus will headline the entertainment at the 30thannual Australian Commercial Radio Awards (the ACRAs) in Melbourne on Saturday.
The artists will perform in front of 1,000 guests at radio’s night of nights, with satirical comedy stars Chris Taylor and Andrew Hansen from The Chaser hosting the event for the third year in a row.
Brisbane-born Sewell, who is now based in LA, has toured with Ed Sheeran and Maroon 5 and recently released the singles “Healing Hands” and “Come Clean” from his new album “Ghosts & Heartaches”.
Sewell enjoyed major international success with his track “Firestone”, in collaboration with Kygo, going 10 times platinum in Australia, clocking up a million sales in the US and achieving platinum certification in Norway, UK, Germany and Sweden.
Indie-pop star Amy Shark, nominated this week for nine awards at this year’s ARIA’s, best known for her 2016 single “Adore”, will also perform at the awards. Shark’s debut album “Love Monster” debuted at #1 on the ARIA chart and her single “I Said Hi” went to #1 on the Hot 100. She has performed on national television in the US with Jimmy Fallon and James Corden.
ARIA and APRA nominated singer-songwriter Vera Blue will take to the stage for the first live performance of her forthcoming new single. Cyrus Villaneuva, known as Cyrus, was the 2015 winner of The X Factorand has gained praise for his new single “Blah”, which was one of the most added songs to radio last week.
“We’re excited to have these talented performers on stage to celebrate 30 years of the radio awards,” Commercial Radio Australia chief executive officer Joan Warner said.
Hosts Chris and Andrew said: “It’s hugely exciting to be back hosting the ACRAs for the third straight year. Not even our own families want us back for Christmas three years in a row, so this feels rather special.”
The ACRAs recognise excellence in radio broadcasting across news, talk, sport, music and entertainment. The event will be held at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre on Saturday, October 20. Radio stars from across the country will walk the red carpet and join the hosts on stage to present awards, including:
- Kennedy Molloy (Jane Kennedy & Mick Molloy) - Triple M Network
- Grant Denyer & Ed Kavalee – 2Day FM
- Ray Hadley – 2GB
- Dave Hughes & Kate Langbroek (Hughesy & Kate) - Hit Network
- Kate, Tim & Marty (Kate Ritchie, Tim Blackwell & Marty Sheargold) - Nova Entertainment
- Kyle and Jackie O (Kyle Sandilands and Jackie Henderson) - KIIS
- Melissa Doyle, Cameron Daddo, Richard Wilkins - Smoothfm
- Jonesy & Amanda (Brendan Jones & Amanda Keller) - WSFM
- Ben Fordham – 2GB
- Neil Mitchell – 3AW
- Steve Price – Triple M Townsville
- Christian O’Connell – Gold 104.3
- Jase & PJ (Jase Hawkins & PJ Harding) – KIIS 101.1
- Michelle Payne – Melbourne Cup winning jockey will present the sports awards.
The list of ACRAs finalists is available here.