Broadcast Engineer Brisbane
ARN (Australian Radio Network) is the #1FM radio network in Australia and one of the leading broadcasters in the country with ownership or investments in 12 radio stations nationwide. ARN is the leading FM network for the commercially lucrative 25-54 demographic and its brands KIIS, Pure Gold, iHeartRadio and The Edge96.ONE entertain and influence over four million listeners across Australia.
We are currently looking for an experienced Broadcast Engineer to join our Technology Team in Brisbane. This role ensures that broadcast and technical quality standards are maintained at all times. This includes support for the transmission, broadcasting, studio and assisting with IT equipment support.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Ensure the effective functioning of broadcasting and streaming equipment, both within studios as a priority and production environments, by responding to and resolving any technical malfunctions or operator issues.
- Identify problems or source of malfunctions with regards to transmitter and technical equipment and repair, or supervise the work of contractors, to carry out the repairs.
- Provide hardware and software support for broadcast computer systems including: on-air presentation systems (NexGen), news presentation (NewsBoss), audio streaming and associated systems.
- Assist with maintenance of building facilities e.g. air conditioning, lights, generator systems and coordinate all necessary repairs and service.
To be successful in this position:
• Must have 3 years' experience in a similar radio broadcast role.
• Knowledge of Electronics and Broadcast Engineering.
• A passion for Broadcast, Audio and Computer Technology.
• Broad IT experience.
• A strong desire to be a part of a dynamic organisation.
• Well-developed problem solving, organisational and communication skills.
• An solid understanding of studio and transmitter support.
• An ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
• Must be available for an on-call roster and some out of hour work when needed.
• Holiday Club - a potential bonus week of leave (T&C's apply)
• Paid Parental Leave for primary carer
• Anniversary Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
Working at ARN means more than just a competitive remuneration package; importantly you'll be part of a dynamic and supportive team in the world of media and entertainment! You can find more about us at www.arn.com.au and connect with us via Twitter @ausradionetwork and LinkedIn/australianradionetwork.
If you would like to make a significant contribution to our continuing success, please apply via the Careers section on our website - http://www.arn.com.au/careers/ . Applications close 27 April 2018.