CEO - JOY 94.9 Melbourne
JOY 94.9 is established to provide the opportunity for freedom of expression, the breaking down of isolation and the celebration of our culture, achievements and pride of the diverse LGBTI community.
· Joyous: A celebration of diversity, talent, music and entertainment
· Inclusive: A safe and supportive environment for all members of the LGBTI
· Courageous: A way to change lives by speaking out, sharing stories and challenging
An exciting opportunity exists to lead JOY as the new CEO. This role will lead the delivery of JOY’s strategic plan (2017-2020) with a small team of staff and a dedicated team of over 300 volunteers. The role oversees all aspects of JOY, with direct reports including operations, development, programming, finance, and production managers. The role is public-facing to our members and partners in the community and the sector and reports directly to the Board of Directors. This is a unique role and requires a visionary candidate to lead JOY in today's changing media landscape.
As a self-funded not-for-profit, JOY 94.9 relies on sponsorship, memberships and donations.
Monthly listener figures have increased to 564,000 (FM and DAB) and the total number of podcasts have reached nearly 1.7 million.
· Demonstrated strong leadership in a complex organisational structure, preferably with a volunteer base;
· Demonstrated strategic and operational planning, implementation and reporting skills;
· Strong operational and financial management (profit and loss, cashflow, audit, reporting) skills;
· Strong team building skills;
· Strong commercial acumen;
· Demonstrated strengths in successful fundraising, campaigns, partnerships and/or marketing;
· Well- developed stakeholder management skills and ability to represent JOY publicly
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
· Ability to show empathy, sensitivity and understanding of the LGBTI Community and the values of JOY 94.9;
· Demonstrated ability to achieve success within constrained resource environments; and good understanding of media, community, digital or online.
· Management role in community radio or related digital or online media, communications, media or advertising organisation.
· Existing strong relationships in the sector or community.
The role is full-time and receives an industry competitive salary commensurate with experience, including superannuation and negotiated bonuses.
Apply by sending your CV, a cover letter and statement against the selection criteria to: Jane.Smith@joy.org.au
If you have any queries, please call Jane Smith on 0417 662 648
Your cover letter should outline your vision for the role and address the selection criteria. Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday 15 May 2019.