SCA: Content Director – Shepparton
Southern Cross Austereo is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company employing over 2000 staff nationally. We are dedicated to delivering firsts in entertainment solutions with the ability to reach 95% of Australian’s through our Radio, TV and Digital channels.
Working at Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment.
Working across all departments and reporting at state and local levels, you’ll lead a team of content professionals, responsible for developing and achieving content goals across our radio and digital platforms while realising and implementing SCA’s strategic plan and ultimately deliver winning, engaging radio.
You will work closely with on and off air team members to ensure highly compelling and creative ideas are integrated into the station’s material on a daily basis. Most importantly, you’ll be responsible for achieving exceptional levels of on air execution, ensuring that only fresh and relevant content goes to air and listeners love what they hear and that your brands remain the best in the market. You’ll also use your leadership and guidance to develop the next generation of content superstars.
To be considered for this position, the successful candidate will:
- Possess an understanding and appreciation of market specific content issues
- Be an effective team player with a highly inspirational and energetic leadership style
- Have a distinctive on air presence that naturally appeals to our listeners and a burning desire to be heard
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to work to multiple deadlines in a high pressure environment
- Be willing to work additional hours as required in order to get the job done – you’re someone who enjoys going above and beyond at work
- Be able to panel and do an on air shift
- Have an intimate knowledge of CRA’s Codes of Practice and Broadcasting Standards
- Have a passion for radio broadcasting and a willingness to commit to Southern Cross Austereo’s organisational values and culture
The opportunities are endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. As the newest member of the team you’ll get all the support and guidance you need to develop your skills, grow your career and reach your full potential.
Interested? If so, please submit your resumé and cover letter (with salary expectations).