General Manager – LAFM, Chilli, 7SD and Chilli North East
Highly Competitive Salary Package
Tasmanian Broadcasters, a division of Grant Broadcasters, is looking for an experienced media professional wanting to progress their career in one of Tasmania’s most iconic, beautiful and liveable cities.
Launceston is bursting with excitement, growth and opportunity with projects such as the landmark University relocation, significant hotel and tourism developments, City Deal, NBN/FTTP, a new wave of entrepreneurialism, cultural vibrancy and a new optimism washing over the city, region and state. With nation leading regional infrastructure, economic growth and a magnificent built and natural environment, Launceston offers a truly enviable lifestyle.
We are seeking a well-rounded General Manager who is competitive, creative,
commercially astute, well planned and whom has highly developed people and communication skills.
As General Manager of our largest radio station in Tasmania, you will have full P&L responsibility, autonomy and authority to lead the business. You will possess the skills necessary to inspire creative thinking and a customer centric focus that creates exciting breakthrough results.
Specifically, we are looking for our new General Manager to possess the following key skills
- Proven planning, leadership and implementation abilities
- Highly developed sales leadership and strategic skills
- Well-developed emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Persuasive oral, presentation and writing skills
- Developed analytical skills with a focus on financial and operational metrics
- Contemporary people management skills that connect with, motivate and lead all members of our professional and highly skilled team
- Being a team player as well as a team leader
- High ethical standing and principles
- A willingness to proactively engage and interact with the business, government and community sector
Ideally, you will have had business orientated media experience, management experience or other senior roles that are able to demonstrate your considerable business acumen, leadership, business creation or entrepreneurial mind set. You will be able to demonstrate a track record of sustained achievement.
A competitive base salary will be offered to the right candidate in addition to a generous
Applications close 27th June 2018, or as soon as we find the right person.
Send your application to Tim Holder, Executive General Manager, Tasmanian Broadcasters. firstname.lastname@example.org