Roccy FM & Radio 2LF are on the hunt for a self-motivated journalist
If you’ve just graduated or been in the job for a few years we want to hear from you!
We are NOT just looking for that normal 9 to 5 journalist; we want a real news junkie, someone who dreams about the news in their sleep and is ready to take that first or next step in their career.
Your duties will include/ but not limited to
Being able to Float between Both Roccy and 2LF, Being able to pull a tight on air shift when needed, Keeping Radio 2LF and Roccy FM are up to date with ALL local news content both on air and across social media, Presenting the local “Country Lunch Hour” on Radio 2LF between 12pm and 1pm weekdays.
What we are looking for;
- Strong news sense and writing skills
- Ability to prepare and present news targeted to both an AM and FM audience.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and on your own
- Able to present a great on air shift and float between both stations when needed
- A wiz when it comes to social media, keeping our social media followers up to date with all the local news from around the South West and breaking stories.
You’ll have a cool head and be able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Roccy FM and Radio 2LF is located in Young NSW – The Cherry Capital of Australia, we are surrounded by wineries and only a short 2 hour drive from Canberra and Wagga and 4 hours from Sydney.
If this sounds like you, then please direct applications to the Operations Manager Wes Heather without delay – Please email email@example.com
* Cover letter addressing all areas of the job description above
* Current Resume along with references
* What you believe to be your best 3 current air checks (MP3)
Please NO Phone calls – You will be contacted if you have been shortlisted only.
Applications close once we find the right person.