Tasmanian Broadcasters, a subsidiary of Grant Broadcasters, is Tasmania’s largest broadcast media company group connecting with 250,000 Tasmanians every day. We employ a team of over 130 people state-wide.
We are looking for a talented News Director committed to quality, accuracy and journalistic excellence and capable of leading by example. You will be energetic, competitive and unrelenting in your efforts to strengthen our reputation as news leaders in Tasmania.
Based in magnificent Hobart and located at our modern studios, you will report to the Regional Content Director. This hands-on leadership role is about building our capability and networks whilst blending the need to deliver the next bulletin.
Applicants should apply if they can demonstrate:
- Success in a broadcast and online news environment.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and building networks
- Extensive experience in writing, editing and voicing news bulletins in radio or television
- The capacity to regularly break news stories
- Capacity to work with relentless deadlines
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong writing skills
- An appropriate understanding of the ACMA and Broadcasting codes of practice and standards for news delivery and programming
- People leadership skills including coaching, collaboration, motivating and a consensus style of management
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Applications close 25th July 2018 and should be forwarded to:
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org