CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST:
NEWS PRESENTERS, WRITERS AND JOURNALISTS
Employer: Vision Christian Media
Work Type: Full-time, Part-Time, Casuals
Classification: journalist, writer, presenter, news, radio, media, reporter
Sector: Not for profit
Job Posted on: 12 December 2018
Are you and experienced journalist, radio presenter, reader or writer? Is the type of position you’re looking for not currently advertised?
Vision Christian Radio is currently seeking Expressions of Interest for various roles to deliver our national news service. The primary purpose of these roles will be to produce and present news bulletins and associated items.
Express your interest now. Your EOI application will help Vision identify potentially suitable applicants for a variety of employment opportunities.
- You have a Degree in Journalism or equivalent experience.
- You have demonstrated experience and skills in news preparation and/or presentation.
- You possess strong writing, editing, research, planning and audio production skills.
- You are able to prepare and present radio news bulletins, interviews, on air programmes, digital news stories or other related items as required.
- You are able to work unsupervised, under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- You have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- You possess excellent organisational skills with attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- You are competent with Microsoft Office Suite, NewsBoss, Adobe Audition and Wordpress
- You are available to do shift-work.
About Vision Christian Media
Vision Christian Radio is Australia’s National Christian radio network, with coverage in every state, and around 60 paid staff. We broadcast from Brisbane to Australia’s largest cities and tiniest towns. Vision is listener supported and passionate about ‘Connecting Faith to Life’ for our listeners.
Vision Christian Media is a non-profit charity that has been working hard to bring the good news of the Gospel to Australia since 1986. Under our old name of UCB Australia, we were a key driver in establishing over 30 independent Christian Community radio stations during the 1990s before we became a broadcaster and publisher ourselves. And haven't we grown since then!
Now, we reach 1/3 of Australia, and hundreds of thousands of Aussies across the country turn to us daily for encouragement, good company, support and biblical perspective. Helping them connect faith to their life. https://vision.org.au/about-us/
Vision Christian Radio is currently seeking Expressions of Interest for various roles in our newsroom. Our National News Service has a regular audience of approximately 2.5 million people.
We are seeing an increased demand to deliver local and global news from a Christian perspective. This has been the catalyst to ‘dream bigger’. We’re currently scoping how to expand and diversify the way we currently deliver our National News Service (currently produced from our Brisbane studios) to a new model which will enable us to have access to journalists, readers and writers across the nation and allow us to develop the next generation of Christian media professionals.
The new model will require experienced candidates for multiple roles with expertise and a passion in journalism, radio presenting, news writing, subbing, as well as the possibility of offering a news-cadetship.
Our target audience is active in their Christian faith. The successful applicant will have a strong understanding of faith through their own experience so as to resonate with our audience.
How to apply
- Please refer to Position Descriptions attached. Submit your current resume.
- Provide a brief statement (no more than 2 pages) that tells us
- Why you are interested in the role you are applying for.
- Provide examples that can demonstrate to us that you possess the skills, knowledge and experience to be successful in the role.
- Note - This statement should not be a re-statement of your resume, it is your opportunity to tell us about yourself, what you'll bring to the role and what you'll get out of taking on this opportunity.
- Successful applicants must align to our Mission, Vision, Values and Core beliefs. (https://vision.org.au/core-beliefs) This is more than just a job, it is a ministry opportunity. If you tick all the boxes, then email your CV and any supporting documents to:
Submit your application/s to:
Elizabeth Torres-Russell, Chief Development Officer
Vision Christian Media
Applications Close: 31 January 2019
Position/s will be filled when the right candidate/s has been identified; early applications are encouraged.