About Macquarie Media
Macquarie Media Limited is Australia's newest and most influential radio network. Our network commands the highest commercial listenership with the 'mature affluent' demographic – an audience that is highly engaged and has big buying power. Our national footprint covers 5 capital cities and our content is heard in over 150 markets, nationally. Macquarie is also Australia's only media outlet to hold the official broadcast rights for AFL, NRL and Cricket as well as key horse racing and motor sport events.
About the role
Based in Sydney, NSW we are seeking an overnights producer to join 2GB. In this role you will be reporting to the National Executive Producer and supporting the weekday overnights presenter.
This role offers you career opportunities plus exposure to the media industry. Your Manager will provide you with the support and guidance you need to develop your skills in the role. Your duties will include, but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Generating story ideas, including pitching and organising interviews.
- Writing stories and scripts.
- Podcasting audio.
- Screening calls for air.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone with the energy and enthusiasm to embrace our audience and promptly attend to the needs of most valuable assets, our listeners, clients and staff. The successful candidate will bring to this position the following attributes and experience:
- A love of radio, and a passion for news and current affairs.
- Political awareness.
- The ability to write clearly, accurately and quickly.
- A proactive approach to pitching and sourcing story ideas and interview guests.
- Excellent communication skills, including phone manner.
- The ability to work to a high standard without supervision.
- A desire to learn how to post stories and podcast to our websites.
- A willingness to embrace the #1 rating overnight shift and the unique role that radio plays from midnight to dawn.
- A degree in communications/journalism is preferred but not essential.
- Previous radio or similar media experience is required.
How to apply
If you would like to be part of this highly committed, energetic and talented team please email your covering letter and resume to Michael Thompson, National Executive Producer.
Closing Date: Monday December 11, 2017