Regional Content Director
Tasmanian Broadcasters, a wholly owned division of Grant Broadcasters, operates ten commercial radio stations throughout Tasmania. The business is experiencing excellent growth as a result, in part, of a significantly improved programming strategy implemented over recent years becoming Hobart’s number one commercial radio station.
Based at 7HOFM in Hobart, we require an experienced and passionate broadcaster and leader capable of delivering first class people management to our team. We are committed to delivering quality local and live content across the seven associated markets and connecting strongly with our statewide listener base.
In addition to the Hobart and state focus activities, you will be part of the Group Executive, responsible for delivering national content, including shows produced internally, such as the Campus and 20/20 Retro Countdown.
It’s a very big role requiring a wholehearted effort. You will need to demonstrate you’re a superb diplomat managing multiple stakeholders across the various markets, sometimes with competing interests and bringing the whole team with you.
- Thorough and demonstrable knowledge of programming philosophies and capacity to efficiently execute those philosophies.
- Demonstrate well developed team management skills.
- Leadership through example, a strong communicator and proven technical ability.
- A “lateral thinker” with a “can do” attitude whom tackles problems in their stride.
- Good operational knowledge of radio programming software.
- Deep music knowledge and judgment.
- Sales and promotionally orientated and willing to integrate and build a profile in the communities we serve.
- The ability to program all of our radio stations with equal emphasis and passion.
- An awareness of various formats, including talk
Outline your experience by addressing each of the key requirements above.
This important position for the right person represents an outstanding and exciting career move. Previous senior experience is essential for this management role. An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Grant Broadcasters is committed to providing ongoing training and development for you in this role.
Or call me for a confidential chat on 03 6216 1000. Applications close when we find the right person, is it you?