Senior Lecturer - Radio
The Australian Film Television and Radio School (AFTRS) is the nation’s premiere screen and broadcast school. The School is consistently rated in the top 15 international film schools in the world. Our teachers and alumni include Academy, AFI/AACTA, BAFTA and ACRA Award winners.
We are looking for a Senior Lecturer Radio, to join our team:
You will play a pivotal role in the Australian Film Television and Radio School (AFTRS) team, as well as develop the next generation of talent.
As Senior Lecturer you will be responsible for:
- Working with the Head of Radio to develop the subject curriculum, assessments and course content; and review and improve the curriculum and student experience.
- Coordinating the delivery of the Radio program, including preparing mentors and lecturers; ensuring that lesson plans, assessments and rubrics are available on the shared drive; planning and communicating the required resources and, identifying and resolving issues.
- Delivering engaging lectures and workshops, creating multi-media resources and assess student progress in the Radio Program to achieve approved learning outcomes as described in the approved curriculum
If you have the following attributes, we want to hear from you:
- A minimum of 3 years teaching experience and 3 years of industry experience.
- Highly motivated with a demonstrated ability to proactively manage a high workload and competing demands, to work within a cooperative and collaborative team, and be willing to take a ‘hands on’ approach.
- Excellent leadership skills including the ability to lead and influence a diverse team, towards a common goal.
- Demonstrated high level presentation and communication skills.
This position is open for job-share, to all Australian citizens or Permanent Residents.
AFTRS is committed to building a richly diverse staff and faculty. AFTRS actively supports and appreciates workplace diversity and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from a wide range of backgrounds and people with a disability.
Salary $98,498 - $99,976 (ACA 2.8-2.9 dependent on experience) plus excellent benefits package. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Please email your current resume with covering letter addressing how your skills, experience, qualifications meet the attributes outlined above, to email@example.com by 9.00am Friday 21 September.
Enquiries: Human Resources Team - firstname.lastname@example.org