About Macquarie Media
Macquarie Media Limited (MML) is Australia's newest and most influential radio network. Our network commands the highest commercial listenership with the 'mature affluent' demographic – an audience that is highly engaged and has big buying power. Our national footprint covers 5 capital cities and our content is heard in over 150 markets, nationally. Macquarie is also Australia's only media outlet to hold the official broadcast rights for AFL, NRL and Cricket as well as key horse racing and motorsport events.
About the role
Based in Melbourne, we are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic person for the role of Technology Trainee to join 3AW and Talking Lifestyle. In this role you will be reporting to the Technology Manager while learning and developing your skills and knowledge to support Melbourne's #1 radio station. This role offers you a unique and exciting career opportunity plus exposure to the media industry.
In this traineeship you will:
· undertake a course of employment up to a maximum 4 year period to understand various Technical/IT areas within the Radio Broadcast industry, dependant on trainee qualifications;
· actively learn the Broadcast/IT systems by being involved with the operation, support and maintenance of all relevant equipment and systems, across all MML facilities;
· with oversight, take direction from the senior team to install/maintain and support equipment and cabling in a professional manner;
· assist with the testing and commissioning of new and existing Broadcast/IT systems following prescribed practices;
· maintain all documentation including system records and schematics with a high emphasis on accuracy;
· become proficient in the areas of Technical Operations which include On Air Studios, Production, News, IT Systems, Transmission and Links, and Outside Broadcasts; and
· participate in the planning and execution of exciting technology related projects.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone with the energy and enthusiasm to embrace our audience and promptly attend to the needs of our most valuable assets, our listeners, clients and staff. The successful candidate will bring to this position the following attributes and experience:
· undertaking or have completed formal education in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or IT;
· a keen demonstrated interest in Radio Broadcasting and media technologies, with prior involvement in radio an advantage;
· an enthusiastic attitude to learning new skills and problem solving;
· excellent communication skills (listening/verbal/written);
· must be prepared to be part of a team;
· present well and be well mannered; and
· be prepared to work irregular hours as required.
How to apply
If you would like to be part of this highly committed, energetic and talented team please email your resume and cover letter outlining your suitability and interest in the role to Lyall Clewer, Technology Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 18/08/2017
Please note that MML reserves the right to fill this position prior to the closing date.