I started my radio journey back in the mid 80s after watching an episode of Simon Townsend’s Wonder World which featured Jonathon Coleman interviewing Max Rowley about his Radio Academy. I thought that’s it, I’m in... Years earlier at school I had dabbled in video, recording interviews with heads of local industries for school projects. At home I also became heavily involved with CB radio talking to many people locally and overseas. All of these early communication experiences influenced my ambition for later life.
Max’s Media Academy helped me to realise my potential for the communication industry and after about a year of practice at school, I decide it was time to not only send out my voice tapes but also send out myself and personally present to prospective country radio employers. I was lucky enough to get a couple of job offers and eventually settled on radio 2GZ Orange in the beautiful Central West of NSW. I had THE Best time in Orange. I stayed at 2GZ for about 18 months and then moved on to the Central Coast of NSW and worked at 2GO. During my time in Orange and Gosford, I learnt not only more about the industry but more about myself and I also met lots wonderful people who have helped to shape who I am today.
I went further on in the industry and spent 10 years at Sydney radio station 2WS which became WSFM 101.7. Starting at 2WS meant that I had come full circle. Here I was a young guy who grew up in Sydney’s Greater West, started radio school, did the rounds of country radio, eventually coming back and scoring a job announcing on a radio station that served Sydney’s Greater West.
I have also been fortunate enough to have worked on-air at MIX 106.5, 2SM, and 2CH.
My radio experience has helped me in so many areas of my career. I continue to voice many commercials; I write, produce and facilitate communication and presentation skills workshops and seminars; I am a successful MC/Host for many clients and I now also work with a bunch of like minded announcers providing personality spruiking for major clients in the retail world. My experience has also allowed me to work on some of the big events around Australia.
Below is a brief history of what I have achieved so far:
- Presented Morning and Afternoon shows (radio WSFM, MIX 106.5, 2SM and 2CH), enjoying a strong community involvement with great “on the streets” presence.
- Compere of 101.7 WSFM’s Jukebox Saturday Night in Sydney’s major clubs.
- Compere of the Rob Neil Classic Hits Show and Children’s/Family Jukebox Party at Clubs and events around Sydney.
- Teacher of Media and facilitator of Communication and Presentation Skills workshops.
Professional entertainer of a large crowd having hosted events including:
- Symphony In The Park
- Concerts at the Sydney Entertainment Centre
- Australia Day Celebrations around Sydney
- Outside Broadcasts for Radio 101.7 WSFM & MIX 106.5 FM,
Master of Ceremonies at major events include:
- Queens Baton Relay
- The MTA “Motor Industry Awards”
- The NSW Road Transport Association’s Expo and Awards Night
- Cumberland Newspaper’s Business Achiever Awards
- The Italian Festa in Norton Street Leichhardt
- The Royal Easter Show
- Melbourne Cup Functions
- Parramatta Eels Fan Day
- Hornsby Council’s Centenary Celebrations
- Hornsby Council’s Music in the Park
- Big Brother appearances at Castle Towers
- Canberra Carnivale in Martin Place
- City of Sydney’s Bike Expo in Martin Place
- City of Sydney’s Environment Expo in Martin Place
- Kids Day at Darling Harbour
- Multicultural Festivals at Auburn, Burwood, Granville and at Club Marconi Bossley Park.
- Christmas Parties/Functions
Professional voice over artist having worked on campaigns including:
- Channel 9
- Channel 7
- World Movies
- Radio 2UE, 2GB, 101.7 WSFM, 106.5 MIX FM, 2CH and 2SM
Ground presentation and announcing including:
- Sydney Olympic Park, Telstra Stadium
- Sydney Cricket Ground
- Sydney Royal Easter Show
- Parramatta Stadium
- Randwick Racecourse
- Rosehill Racecourse
- Gosford Racecourse
- Warwick Farm Racecourse